12/13/2011

coming to an end...

The end of service is approaching and I find myself full of anticipation and trepidation. I am most definitely excited to be going back to the States, my family and old friends, but I am also worried about how much I have changed. I was reading some magazines from the States that someone else had brought back, and was amazed at how many options there are and what kinds of things people were concerned with. I think adjusting back to the bustling life after spending 2 years at a meandering pace will be a challenge. There’s nothing much to worry about here, just keep on trudging forward. But going back to States, you have money to worry about, things to buy, clothes to keep up to date with, and always things to do and places to be. It will be an abrupt change from my way of life here. I want to go into town and use some internet and shop for groceries; great! That’s an all-day event in which I can take my sweet time and wander from place to place, stopping at the DVD store, maybe taking to look at the cute puppies.
I will be making a trip home in about one week and I can’t tell you how excited I am to be going home!! I haven’t been home in almost 2 years and I expect a lot has changed. One change is going to be the house; my parents have remodeled the upstairs (my old room). I still have a bed to sleep in though, which I appreciate!! Old friends have continued on in their lives (of course!) most of them with babies. It makes me feel a little left behind. But I can fully appreciate my time here in Ecuador and know I will look back on it later with many fond memories and some great new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment